Is the kit safe to use on my children?
Yes, the bee sting and wasp sting first aid kit contains no harmful chemicals. The antiseptic wipes are alcohol free and the wasp bite gel and wasp bite patch contain natural plant extracts such as camomile which can be used on babies and children. We do advise that when treating babies and small children it is done under adult supervision.
Can I take the bee sting and wasp sting kit abroad?
All the components of the bee sting and wasp sting first aid kit are safe to take abroad, although as the kit includes tweezers and contains gel and sachets, we advise that when flying, the kit is packed into your main suitcase and not taken in hand luggage.
Are bee stings, wasp stings and hornet stings dangerous?
For the majority of people, bee, wasp and hornet stings are painful but harmless, only affecting a localized area. However, a rare allergic reaction, such as anaphylactic shock, affects around 3 in 100 people. People with this allergy can experience anything from large swelling which can last for several days to more severe symptoms which can be fatal. If you experience any pain, swelling and itching anywhere else on your body other than the stung area, seek medical attention immediately. If you have trouble breathing, headaches, sickness, feel faint and your heart races you need emergency treatment. Call 999 for an ambulance. These symptoms indicate a generalised allergic reaction which can be fatal. In these emergency situations the bee sting and wasp sting first aid kit should not be used.
Can I treat other insect stings with the bee sting and wasp sting first aid kit?
The bee sting and wasp sting first aid kit is designed specifically for wasps and bees. It can treat the sting of any bee such as honey bee or bumblebee and any wasp sting including the larger hornet. It may also offer relief to the stings or bites of other insects.
Can I prevent wasps and bees from stinging in the first place?
Bees and wasps sting humans as a means of defence, usually because we are trying to shoo them away from our food and drink. The best way to avoid stings is to cover up, wear long sleeves and trousers; however this is not always practical especially in the summer. If you are planning on spending time outdoors, the application of an insect repellent, such as Wasp and Bee Repellent Spray, is highly recommended. Try to keep food and drink covered especially sweet things and never wave your arms about to try to bat the wasps or bees away.
I have a question that you have not answered?
If you've got a wasp control or bee sting and wasp sting question, click here and we will answer you within 2 hours (Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm) if you send your question after 4pm we will get back to you first thing the next day. Test us; if we fail we will send you a large bar of chocolate.